These guides outline the policies and procedures of the National Appeals Division (NAD). Actions of NAD are governed by regulations codified at Part 11 of Title 7 of the Code of Federal Regulations (7 C.F.R.). They set forth policy for NAD activities from appealability reviews through hearings and reconsiderations to Equal Access to Justice Act (EAJA) reviews. They also outline policies and procedures for employee conduct, managing the hearing process, preparing determinations, and ensuring the quality and consistency of correspondence and determinations.
Select one of the NAD documents below for more information.
- NAD Procedural Rules
- Applicability of Equal Access to Justice Act, November 6, 2009
- Preamble to NAD Interim Final Rule, December 29, 1995
- Preamble to NAD Final Rule, June 23rd, 1999
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Code of Federal Register (C.F.R.)
- United States Code (U.S.C.)
- Federal Regulation.gov
- NAD Enabling Statute, Public Law 103-354 : Established NAD as an independent division within the Department of Agriculture.
- Farm Security & Rural Investment Act of 2002, Public Law 207-171 Section 1613: Section 1613 amends the National Appeals Division’s enabling statute.